K-4 Visual Art
Elementary art provides students with experiences to learn how to communicate through visual art, develop artistic skills and a sense of craftsmanship through technique, to appreciate historical and cultural aspects, to make connection with real-life and other subjects, and to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Elementary Art Curriculum and Assessment
- Art content aligns with national and state standards
- Rubrics are used for grading all artwork assignments
- Tests and Quizzes are given as assessment tools to determine skills development and content knowledge
- District Assigned Art Assessment tests are given annually for 3rd grade.
- Students are not graded on talent but following instructions, craftsmanship, comprehension and skill development.