Tawn Argeris, Principal
Pat Redl, Assistant Principal
Aaron Coughanour, Assistant Principal
Katie Rituper, Assistant Principal
February 8 Friday Senior Panoramic/Senior Informational Meeting – 9:00 am (2nd Hr)- Main Gym
April 8 Monday Senior Debt notification. Cash only – No checks accepted after 4/8/2019
April 10 Wednesday Announcements delivered at lunches behind Administration building
April 19 Friday No School – Testing Break
April 26 Friday Deadline for submitting awards and scholarship information to Mrs. Soules in the Career Center
April 27 Saturday Junior/Senior Prom – 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm – Location TBA
May 2 Wednesday Cap and gown delivery during lunches behind the administration building.
May 3 Friday All outstanding debts to the school must be paid to the Bookstore and Library. Cash only – no checks accepted after 4/8/2019
May 3 Friday Honors and Awards Breakfast – 9:00 am – Cafeteria (invitation only)
May 8 Wednesday Senior Banquet – 5:00 – 7:00 pm – Cafeteria (updated)
May 9 Thursday Senior Graduation Meeting – 9:50 am – Main Gym; Senior Check Out Forms distributed.
May 10 Wednesday Deadline for Community Service paperwork and credits from other schools to Counselor by 2:30 pm
May 16 Thursday Seniors will attend all classes (Full day). Exams and book check in will take place periods 3/4 and 5.
May 17 Friday Senior Exams and book check-in periods 1 and 2 but will attend all classes.
*Senior Check-out will take place behind the administration building during both lunches. Please get all your teachers’ signatures, the Bookstore and the Library signatures BEFORE May 17th, or you cannot checkout with your counselor.
May 6-17 AP Testing
May 21 Tuesday **Graduation Practice: Report at 7:45am to the Liberty Gymnasium
May 23 Thursday GRADUATION: 3:00pm at The University of Phoenix Stadium
*Seniors must complete this check-out process in order to attend graduation practice on Tuesday, May 21st.
** You MUST be present at practice to participate in the formal graduation ceremony on Thursday, May 23rd.
SENIOR END OF SCHOOL YEAR GENERAL INFORMATION
BOOKSTORE - INFORMATION:
- Seniors will be notified by Monday, April 1st, regarding books they have checked out and any debts owed. Any books they are not currently using may be turned in to the bookstore at anytime.
- All outstanding debts to the school must be paid to the Bookstore before Friday, May 3rd, (loans, lost locks, lost athletic equipment, damaged and lost textbooks, class fees, summer school fees, etc.)
- Book collection for seniors will be on Thursday, May 16th and Friday, May 17th . Senior students are responsible for turning in their books to their teachers. If a book has been lost, a bookstore receipt for full payment of the book is necessary to clear the debt. Final senior check out will be on Friday, May 17th, during both lunches, behind the administration building.
GUIDANCE/COUNSELING - INFORMATION:
- If you anticipate needing a particular counseling/guidance service (letters of recommendation, forms filled out, etc.) Please see your counselor as soon as possible.
- You should know where you stand as far as credits are concerned. If you don’t know or have questions, please see your counselor.
- Seniors applying for financial aid at colleges, universities or other postsecondary institutions should have submitted applications by now. ASU, U of A, NAU and the community colleges in our area use the FAFSA for financial aid. You should have already completed this online (fafsa.ed.gov). If you have questions, contact the financial aid office at the school you plan to attend.
- REQUESTS FOR TRANSCRIPTS can be made at www.parchment.com. It is a safe, paperless way to send transcripts directly to the colleges you choose. If you have questions, please contact our Records Department at 623-773-6533. REMEMBER: Colleges require that you also send them a final transcript (8th semester). This will be done for you as part of the senior checkout process.
- Please report any and all scholarships to Mrs. Soules in the Career Center by Friday, April 26th, so we may honor you at the Honors and Awards Reception on Friday, May 3rd. Students honored at the reception are determined by the Honors and Awards Committee. We appreciate receiving this information even if you choose not to attend the reception.
HONORS AND AWARDS BREAKFAST:
Friday, May 3rd, at 9:00am in the Liberty High School Cafeteria, by invitation only.
COMPLETING GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Fourth term progress reports (the week ending Friday, April 19th ) are extremely important. Please take care of any make-up work immediately.
- Final exam schedule for seniors:
Thursday, May 16th Periods 3/4 and 5 (Seniors attend all classes)
Friday, May 17th Periods 1 and 2 (Seniors attend all classes)
- Seniors will complete *Senior Check-Out behind the administration building, Friday, May 17th, during both lunches or in the counseling office after 5th period.
- Seniors are not to be on campus anytime after Friday, May 17th , except for graduation practice on Monday, May 21st.
- Seniors failing to meet the requirements for graduation will be notified by phone by 3:00pm on Monday, May 20th. (If you will not be available to be reached by phone, please phone your counselor after 1:00pm on Monday, May 20th , if you have questions about your graduation status.)
- *Graduation practice will be held at 7:45 am, Tuesday, May 21st , at Liberty H.S. in the gymnasium. You MUST BE present at practice to participate in the formal graduation ceremony.
- Graduation is Thursday, May 23rd , at 3:00pm, at The University of Phoenix Stadium. Report by 1:45. Caps and Gowns will not be worn into the stadium, but carried in.
- Photographs of every student receiving their diploma will be taken at graduation by Grads Photography. If you would like to order photos, please go to gradsphotography.com to order online. You are under no obligation to buy.
- Your diplomas will be distributed to you as you exit the stadium.
GUIDELINES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Participation in the graduation ceremony is not mandatory.
- Graduation practice will be held on Tuesday, May 21st, at 7:45 AM, in the Liberty High School gymnasium. School dress code IS enforced.
- All seniors planning to participate in the graduation ceremony MUST attend practice.
- Students still owing fees will not be allowed to participate in the graduation practice on Tuesday, May 21st .
- Girls may wear dresses, skirts and blouses or dress pants and blouses and dress shoes. Girls should keep their hairstyles simple so that the graduation cap will fit properly.
- Boys must wear dress slacks, a collared shirt with tie, and dress shoes.
- Students arriving for graduation in casual attire (jeans, T-shirts, non collared shirts, sandals, flip flops, or tennis shoes, for example) will not be permitted to check-in or participate.
- Students are NOT allowed to write on/decorate their mortar board.
- It is very important that each of you remember the seriousness of the occasion. Graduation is a CEREMONY. Graduating seniors are expected to conduct themselves in a mature manner. Disruptive behavior (any behavior which distracts from the ceremony) will not be tolerated. Violators will be removed from the stadium. The actual ceremony will last approximately 1 ½ hours.
- No one from the audience will be allowed in the graduate seating section at anytime that evening. A professional photographer will be on site to take colored photos, which will be available for purchase. You will be contacted by mail for orders. You are under no obligation to buy anything.
- During the ceremony, you will be presented your diploma cover. Actual diplomas will be distributed as you exit the stadium.
- The Peoria Unified School District DOES NOT sponsor or support a senior ditch day. Any student participating in this type of activity will be considered truant and subject to disciplinary measures.
- The Peoria Unified School District DOES NOT sanction, support or insure any senior trips or after graduation parties. The district and the school do not assume responsibility for any negligent or injurious acts that may occur.
- The Peoria Unified School District DOES NOT tolerate negative and irresponsible behavior which disrupts the educational process and/or defaces the campus. Any student participating in such an activity will lose the privilege of participating in the graduation ceremony. He or she will not walk.
PLEASE RETURN PLEASE RETURN PLEASE RETURN
Senior Awards Breakfast
The Senior Awards Breakfast is Friday, May 3, 2019, at 9:00 a.m. We would like to recognize all students receiving scholarship offers. It is the responsibility of each student to report scholarship offers in order to be included in the Awards Ceremony. Please list all scholarship offers below, and mark which college you will attend with an *. Return to the Career Center, with a copy of the award letter, before April 26, 2019.
List ALL verified scholarship offers, even if you are not accepting them
Return to the Career Center by April 26, 2019
See Mrs. Soules with any questions.