Dual Enrollment


    Dual Enrollment offers high school students the opportunity to earn college credit while taking high school courses at their high school.  Teachers must be qualified to teach at the community college level, therefore, not all dual enrollment courses are offered on every campus.  A fee is required to earn the college credit.

    Peoria Unified dual enrollment courses are typically offered through Maricopa County Community Colleges.   Most courses are transferable to universities, however it is best to check with the university you are interested in and/or checking the potential academic major in college to be sure dual credit is beneficial to the student. 

    Each high school is staffed with a full time Career Center Specialist, they and the teacher are the main points of contact if interested in Dual Enrollment.  Students must follow the college procedures for enrollment and payment at the beginning of the semester in order to benefit from this option.  Once the Maricopa deadline passes for registration and payment, earning dual credit is no longer an option. 

    Transcripts for Dual Enrollment Courses are NOT part of your high school transcript.  You must request the transcript directly from the Maricopa website. Request a Transcript for Dual Enrollment Courses Keep in mind there is a $5.00 fee and you will need your MEID and password.

Dual Enrollment Helpful Links and Information