Peoria Unified Food & Nutrition Department
FREE SUMMER MEALS
Thanks to the USDA Summer Food Service Program for Children, the Peoria Unified School District will provide breakfast and lunch curbside free to any child this summer, age 18 and under. Lunch and breakfast will be served at 12 school sites and a snack and dinner will be available at the Peoria Community Center. Meals are available for curbside pick-up by car, or walk-up. Children must be present, or student identification must be presented. Children do not have to be enrolled in the Peoria Unified School District to participate. Read more about our Free Summer Meals
The Food and Nutrition Department provides for the nutritional well-being of our students through nutrition integrity and quality programs. We support student achievement by providing a variety of nutritious meals and encouraging students to make healthy choices.
- Provide courteous quality service
- Present a professional image
- Create a positive environment
- Communicate in a comprehensive and timely manner
- Respect others
- Be "assertively friendly"
Breakfast & Lunch Prices
(Not applicable at this time)
- Breakfast includes a choice of hot entree or breakfast kit, fruit & 100% fruit juice and a choice of white or chocolate milk. Meal price is $1.50, reduced price 30-cents.
- Lunch includes a choice from 2 hot and 1 cold lunch entrees, fruit & vegetable bar, choice of white, chocolate or strawberry milk. Meal price is $2.50, reduced price 40-cents.
- Breakfast includes entree, fruit and milk. Meal price is $1.75, reduced price 30-cents.
- Lunch is a choice of hot or cold entrees, fruit, vegetable and beverage. Meal price is $2.75, reduced price is 40-cents.
Menu items are subject to change without notification. Alternate items will be provided.
Need Financial Help With Meals?
If your household budget is tight, there is help in paying for school meals. Children are eligible to receive low cost or free meals if their household's gross income falls within the limits on the application in the Nutrition Information Packet. Parents can complete and submit the application online at SchoolLunchApp. New applications need to be filled out each school year. Only one application is needed if you have students at multiple schools.
How To Sign Up For An Online Payment Account
Your child does not need to carry lunch money to school with them every day. You can set up an online account that will electronically debit cafeteria meals. MySchoolBucks is a safe, secure, accurate and convenient way to pay for meals. When you set up an account online, you can choose to add payments manually or opt for automatic withdrawls. A $2.75 service fee charged for each transaction.
Cash or check made out to 'Peoria Lunch Fund' is always accepted in your student's cafeteria.
DISTRICT CHARGE POLICY
Students are allowed two charges. After the second charge, students are given the alternative meal. A phone call will be made to parents after two charges. All charges are to be paid promptly to the cafeteria.
An email is sent weekly with your student's current balance. This is designed to keep the parent current of money needed or if a refund is needed. You may request to be removed from this list at any time.