Is MET Right For You?
- Do you want to work on real projects while earning college and high school credit?
- Are you interested in developing professional skills that will enhance your leadership potential and marketability?
- Do you want to experience a professional work environment with other Peoria Unified students, college representatives and business partners?
- Are you open to new possibilities?
- Do you have a strong sense of curiosity?
- Do you want to create solutions to real-life problems?
If you answered yes to the above questions, MET will help you reach your full potential!
MET Guiding Principles
Profession-Based Learning – Instructors develop real-world, project-based learning strategies through collaborations with business and college partners.
Professional Skills Development – Unique experiences allow students to cultivate transformative professional skills such as critical thinking, project management, customer service/patient care and other essential business values.
Self-Discovery and Exploration – Students realize their strengths and passions by exploring potential science, engineering, technology and math (STEM) professions.
Entrepreneurial Mindset – Instructors create an environment where creative thinking and problem solving are encouraged. Students learn to think like entrepreneurs who utilize diverse talents and resources in business.
Responsiveness – MET supports high-skill, high-demand careers based on direction from its business and higher education partners.