Cheyenne offers sports programs for seventh- and eighth-grade girls and boys.
- Girls' Volleyball
- Cross Country (1st through 8th grade)
- Boys' Basketball
- Girls' Softball
- Boys' Softball
- Girls' Basketball
Athlete's Medical Form
No Pass, No Play
State Board of Education Rule R7-208 as mandated by the Arizona State Legislature requires that each school district must have in place a "No Pass No Play" policy. The Peoria Unified School District views this policy as a tool for motivating student athletes to be successful in their academic subjects. District policy requires the following:
- Student athletes receive a weekly grade check to determine their eligibility to participate in athletic competitions.
- A student must receive a passing grade in all enrolled classes on the weekly grade check preceding the contest or performance.
- When a student's grade falls at or below 65% (+or- 2%), the student must be warned of potential ineligibility. Warning of potential ineligibility must take place before ineligibility is declared.Ineligibility is declared on Friday and the student is ineligible beginning the following Monday.
- Students are ineligible until they earn a passing grade.
- Student athletes with an Individual Education Plan or 504 accommodations must continue to make adequate progress toward achieving their goals to be eligible to participate.
An elementary athletic participation fee of $25.00 per student with a maximum of $50.00 per family, per year will be charged. The participation fee can be paid through tax credit and families can get a dollar-for-dollar return on their state taxes.