New Open Enrollment Policy
The Peoria Unified Governing Board approved changes to Policy JFB - Open Enrollment on June 25, 2020. Changes to the open enrollment policy include the following:
- Families currently on open enrollment will not need to re-apply each year for open enrollment status. Schools will review students’ open enrollment status annually for readmittance for the following year.
- Eighth-grade students currently enrolled/open enrolled in a district elementary school wishing to attend a district high school out of their attendance area must fill out an open enrollment application between October 1 and December 1 of their eighth-grade year. The application must be submitted directly to the high school of the student’s choice.
- New applicants must submit open enrollment applications between October 1 – December 1 to be considered for open enrollment during the following school year. No open enrollment applications will be accepted prior to October 1 of each school year.
Please note the following:
- Capacity estimates for grades one through 12 will be made available to the public by the last Friday in September of each year on our website.
- Open enrollment will be approved based on capacity at a school site and capacity in a special program in which a student may be enrolled.
Current Open Enrollment Capacity (Updated September 25, 2020)
All schools and all grade levels have excess capacity and are allowed to accept additional students in compliance with the Enrollment Priorities listed in district policy JFB Open Enrollment
2021-2022 Open Enrollment Forms
Peoria Unified will notify families the last day of the first semester whether a student's open enrollment application has been accepted, placed on a waiting list pending the availability of capacity, or denied.
For questions, please contact your school’s principal and they will be able to assist you.