- Liberty High School
Senior Celebration Information
Hello parents and seniors,
On Monday May 18th and Tuesday May 19th, we will have a senior celebration on our campus to honor the Liberty Class of 2020! In order to promote safety and honor social distancing guidelines, our 576 seniors should plan to arrive during the following times, according to last name:
Monday, May 18th
Last names A-E 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Last names F-K 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Tuesday, May 19th
Last names L-R 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Last names S-Z 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
One vehicle per senior. Family members are welcome to ride in the vehicle with their student. Students and families should remain in their vehicle at all times, except at stop #8 (see below for more details). Students need to display an 8.5x11 sheet of paper with their first and last name printed largely on it in the front window on the passenger side.
The celebration route will begin in the staff solar parking lot off Specked Gecko Dr. All traffic will enter the most northeast gate. The route will wind cars through both the staff and student lots. Please see the attached map. Senior Celebration Map
Senior Celebration Stops:
1. Cap & Gown—Elite Southwest will be onsite to distribute cap and gown orders to those who purchased prior to the first order deadline (about 70% of our students). We are waiting to hear more information regarding the shipment date of late orders, but they may still arrive in time. At a safe time on the route, seniors should put on their cap & gown while remaining in the vehicle.
2. Laptop & School Item Return—Return location for all school items including district issued laptops loaned to students (textbooks, library books, uniforms, calculators, etc.). Please label all materials with student’s first and last name. Diplomas will be held for students who do not turn in their laptop on the 18th or 19th.
3. Graduation Regalia—Students who earned NHS Stoles, Honors Cords, NAHS Stoles, NTHS Cords, CTE Medallions, ASL Honors, etc. will stop to retrieve these honors.
4. Senior Gifts—Two special parting gifts for our seniors.
5. Senior Checkout & Photo Cards—Counselors will verify that students have completed their senior check-out form and their exit survey. Senior Check Out
Seniors will also pick up a photo card for Grads Photography (Pictures to be taken at the last stop).
6. Yearbook—Students will stop here to pick up their pre-ordered yearbook. Not sure if you purchased one already for your student? Please reach out to Liberty’s Yearbook advisor, Mr. Le at CLe@pusd11.net to verify.
7. Diploma—Congratulations Class of 2020! Students who have successfully met all graduation requirements will receive their diploma & diploma jacket.
8. Grads Photography—Grads Photography will be on site to capture a photograph of each senior (hopefully in their cap & gown). Students will be directed to a location to park their vehicle by a staff member. Students will remain in their vehicle until instructed to exit and head to the photo station. Depending on the flow of the route, there may be a slight wait at this station. If time allows, families will be permitted to join their graduate against the greenscreen for a quick picture.
We look forward to seeing you on the 18th and 19th.