What do I have to submit to show proof of custody or guardianship?

Posted by:

Legal guardianship or custody papers are necessary, if applicable to this student based on the following


-If an adoption has taken place, it is reflected with an amended birth certificate, and student lives with adoptive parents as listed on the amended birth certificate, that is sufficient.

-If student lives with one custodial parent as the result of a divorce.

-If the student lives with anyone else, i.e. grandparents, aunt, uncle, sibling, friends or other relatives. We must have a photocopy of the court papers granting guardianship within 30 days of enrollment.