AS A STUDENT YOU WILL:
- Experience the intersection of biology and technology through profession-based projects using industry standard laboratory and field equipment.
- Realize your strengths and passions by exploring practical application of biotechnology research.
- Gain industry knowledge and become prepared for a career path in biotechnology and innovations.
- Focus on skills essential to conducting biotechnology research such as safety, lab protocol, proper documentation and ethics.
- Explore DNA manipulation, protein analysis, microbiological and cell culturing techniques in various fields such as healthcare, forensics and the environment.
HIGH SCHOOL COURSE SEQUENCE
- MET Bioscience & Innovations Honors & Internship Honors
- MET Bioscience & Research Honors & Internship Honors
PROGRAM OF STUDY
MET Bioscience & Innovations Honors & Internship Honors
Discover how biotechnology has brought about a revolution in the biological sciences rapidly advancing fields in healthcare, forensics, genetic engineering, environment, food science, biofuel and energy. You will gain an understanding of current and future uses of biotechnology as well as obtain hands-on workplace laboratory skills that are in high demand.
MET Bioscience & Research Honors & Internship Honors
If you have a fascination with biological discovery and are interested in conducting authentic research, bioscience research will allow you to hone your technical skills while pursuing biological discovery. You will be introduced to the content knowledge and professional attributes associated with conducting authentic research as you collaborate with industry experts.
- ASU New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences