AS A STUDENT YOU WILL:
- Realize your strengths and passions by exploring careers in medicine and biomedical research.
- Gain knowledge and skills through hands-on, project-based learning in a clinical setting using industry-standard diagnostic equipment and medical tools.
- Learn from and be mentored by physicians, surgeons, medical specialists, biomedical researchers, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and medical educators.
- Earn up to 16 college credits through Grand Canyon University and prepare for medical degree pathways.
- Cultivate professional skills critical to success in all college and medical career endeavors including critical thinking and problem solving, along with effective collaboration and communication.
- Practice suturing, dissecting, casting and apply different medical diagnoses.
HIGH SCHOOL COURSE SEQUENCE
- MET Foundations of Medicine I Honors
- MET Foundations of Medicine I Honors/MET Professional Internship Honors
- MET Foundations of Medicine II Honors
- MET Foundations of Medicine IIHonors/MET Professional Internship Honors
- MET Applications of Medicine I Honors
- MET Applications of Medicine I/MET Professional Internship Honors
- MET Applications of Medicine II Honors
- MET Foundations of Medicine II/MET Professional Internship Honors
COLLEGE DUAL ENROLLMENT COURSES
- BIO-201/201L: Human Anatomy and Physiology I/Lab (Biochemistry, Cells, Tissues, Integumentary, Skeletal, Muscular, and Nervous systems.) 4 Credits
OPTIONAL SUMMER COURSES:
BIO-181/181L: General Biology 4 Credits
- BIO-202/202L: Human Anatomy and Physiology II/Lab (Endocrine, Cardiovascular, Lymphatic, Respiratory, Urinary, and Reproductive) 4 Credits
- PSY-102: General Psychology 4 Credits
COLLEGE PROGRAM PARTNERS
- Grand Canyon University (STEM tuition waiver)
- Midwestern University
- West Coast Ultrasound Institute
- BLS Healthcare Provider CPR AED and First Aid Certification
- Certified EKG Technician (CET)