What is the SAT test?
- Centennial serves as a testing site for the SAT in the west valley. This is of great benefit to our students and district high schools.
- The SAT test is taken by students who are who are considered 4 year college or university bound. The universities use this as one measure for college acceptance as well as how they determined scholarship offerings.
- It is reccomended students take the test in the spring of their junior year and retake it the fall of their senior year if deemed necessary.
*Fee Waivers are available to Junior/Senior students who are on the Free/Reduced Lunch Program - see your School Counselor for a waiver! You are allowed to use up to two waivers.
SAT Test Prep
SAT Test Dates
SAT Registration Dates and Test Prep
What is the PSAT test?
- The PSAT is typically taken by sophomores and juniors to help access what students have learned in high school and the skills necessary to be successful in college. Students who take the test as a junior may be eligible for National Merit Scholarships.
- The PSAT for the 2022-23 school year is offered to current Juniors and Sophomores on October 12th.
- Students interested should register by making payment to our Cactus Bookstore. The fee is $18 for students and reserved ONLY for Cactus students in attendance. Fee waivers are available for juniors that meet the criteria.
More information can be found under the Academics, Testing page. Click on PSAT.