Welcome to Zuni Hills Athletics
Teamwork and sportsmanship experiences can help develop a child's character.
Most sports programs are offered to seventh and eighth grade students with the exception of cross country where students can participate beginning in 4th grade.
An elementary athletic participation fee of $25.00 per student with a maximum of $50.00 per family, per year will be charged. The participation fee can be paid through tax credit and families can get a dollar-for-dollar return on their state taxes. Tax Credit Donation
No Pass, No Play
State Board of Education Rule R7-208 as mandated by the Arizona State Legislature requires that each school district must have in place a "No Pass, No Play" policy. The Peoria Unified School District views this policy as a tool for motivating student athletes to be successful in thei academic subjects. District policy requires the following:
- Student athletes receive a weekly grade check to determine their eligibility to participate in athletic competitions.
- A student must receive a passing grade in all enrolled classes on the weekly grade check preceding the contest or performance.
- When a student's grade falls at or below 65% (+/- 2%), the student must be warned of potential ineligibility. Warning potential ineligibility must taek place before ineligibility is declared.
- Ineligibility is declared on Friday and the student is ineligible beginning the following Monday.
- Students are ineligible until they earn a passing grade.
- Student athletes with an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or receive accommodations under Section 504 must continue to make adequate progress toward achieving their goals to be eligible to participate.
Athletic Medical Form
All student athletes must have a Medical Form on file in the Front Office to participate in any extracurricular sports. Please be aware:
- The form must be notorized or signed by the parent/guardian in the presence of Front Office Staff.
- The form must be updated each year.
Please click here to view and download the Athletic Medical Form.