Career Center Information
The objective of the PHS Career Center is to make sure every student graduates from Peoria High School with a plan and is as prepared as can be for the future.
The Peoria High School Career Center is open daily in the library on campus. It is Peoria’s main source of information on the college process and career planning. There are numerous resources on scholarships, college visits, college financial aid, trade schools, the military, testing, as well as jobs and summer volunteer opportunities. Many resources are available to check out and use at home. The Career Center is also equipped with computers that enable students to apply for colleges, scholarships, financial aid and jobs.
Our Career Specialists are able to help students:
- Register for dual enrollment classes to allow students to receive high school credit AND college credit simultaneously
- Provide information about PSAT, ACT, SAT, ASVAB and college placement tests
- Complete financial aid applications to help support advanced education and training, as well as help them translate their award offers
- Meet with college admissions and trade school representatives to learn about what programs are available
- Find and complete scholarship applications Available Scholarships
- Access a variety of career planning resources, such as books on choosing a career, writing resumes, and interviewing for jobs
- Explore opportunities with the 5 active duty military branches and their respective guard and reserve units by connecting them with military recruiters
Career Center Special Events:
Peoria High School recognizes the importance of college and career guidance and how attention and focus on post-secondary planning can have a positive effect on students. When students identify their strengths and interests, it helps to build optimism and hope about their futures.