Title I at Foothills
Foothills Title I Department is committed to providing services relating to the successful implementation of literacy and math skills to students who show a high need of intervention. Our Title I goals are not only about student achivement, but successful parental and community engagement. We have provided many resources on this site, along with our Title I Integrated Action Plan (IAP).
Foothills Title 1 Documents
Right to Request Teacher Qualifications
Title 1 Compact
Foothills 2019-20 Title I Goals
- Goals for Foothills- English
- Goals for Foothills- Spanish
- Goals for Foothills- Arabic
Foothills 2019-20 Beginning of the year Message (may require Google Chrome)
Peoria Unified School District
Title I Parent Involvement Policy
Foothills Fine Arts Academy
The purpose of this plan is to encourage, support, and expand parent participation at our school. This plan also fulfills the requirements of Title I, a federal program designed to assist at-risk students with meeting Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards. The involvement of parents and community is a key component to increasing student academic achievement. Every effort to invite and consider parent input is made to ensure the success of Foothills students. Parental involvement shall be evaluated annually to determine its effectiveness and the findings shall be used to design strategies to increase the involvement of our parents.
Parents need to be involved in creating any policy that establishes expectations for parental involvement and the means for carrying out the requirements. To this end,
Foothills Fine Arts Academy offers the following opportunities:
- In the spring of each year, parents of participating Title I students will be invited to participate in the planning, review and improvement of the Parent Involvement Policy and Title I Program.
- In the spring, parents will be surveyed to evaluate the effectiveness of the Foothills Title I Program. Information contained in surveys will be used during our spring planning and review meeting.
- At the beginning of the school year, Foothills Fine Arts Academy will hold an Annual Title I Parent Information Night. Copies of the Title I Family Involvement School Policy and Home/School Compact will be distributed during our Meet the Teacher event.
In accordance with Title I regulations, Foothills has developed a home/school compact. This compact outlines how parents, the entire school staff, and students will share in the responsibility for improving student achievement. Compacts are reviewed annually at the spring Title I Parent Review meeting. This compact will be distributed at the beginning of each school year, or upon enrollment.
Building Capacity for Involvement
Foothills Fine Arts Academy wants to assist parents as much as possible regarding their child’s education. To support a partnership with our Foothills parents and community in improving student achievement, our school shall provide capacity for involvement through:
- Meaningful parent and community involvement activities for families.
- Weekly postings on social media of Daily Parent Engagement Messages from The Parent Institute.
- Continued development of the Foothills’ Maker Space, and open house events during parent-teacher conference days.
- Providing parents and community with information through flyers, emails, Facebook, Twitter, school website, and the marquee postings.
- Assistance to the parents in understanding Arizona’s College and Career Readiness Standards at parent-teacher conferences, and through regular teacher-to-parent emails.