Centennial HS Driver Education Program
Behind The Wheel Training Guidelines
Students ready to operate a motor vehicle?
Behind The Wheel Training for students is available throughout the school year and during summer months currently enrolled at a PUSD school **
- Students must have a valid Arizona Drivers Permit and/or Valid Drivers License
- $200 Fee must be paid at the CeHS Bookstore
- Students are added to the waiting list once the fee is paid in full.
*Tax Credit can be used to pay the $200 Fee. Bookstore Manager, Jennifer Leyvas can provide information regarding Tax Credit.
Students that complete the Behind The Wheel Training receive a certificate which exempts them from the driving portion of the licensing process at the Motor Vehicle Department.
There also may be discounts available from your insurance company upon completion.
Please contact your auto insurance provider for information.
BEHIND THE WHEEL TRAINING
- Students experience all driving environments
- Approximately 5-6 hours of behind the wheel training
- Typically completed in 3 sessions
- Students are paired with another driver.
- Students are scheduled by Mr. Miles. *including during summer months
Questions or more information, please email Mr. Miles
**Behind The Wheel Instruction is only available to currently enrolled PUSD students. We do not offer instruction to adults.
Centennial HS Bookstore - Jennifer Leyvas, Manager 623-412-4417 ~ email address JLeyvas@pusd11.net
Centennial HS - Mr. Hal Miles, Drivers Education Teacher 623-412-4400 ~ email address HMiles@pusd11.net