Spring 2020 Information
The in-person orientation has passed. However, you are required to complete the steps below before beginning your course.
1. Complete and submit to your home school counselor the registration and full-time equivalency forms.
2. Complete the online student orientation course. The orientation course will provide a complete overview of how eCampus works. There are assignments and assessments that contained in this course
3. Email your instructor the two certificates of completion found in the orientation course.
4. Read and review the entire presentation below.
The eCampus in-person orientation is the official start date for all eCampus courses. The in-person orientation takes place at the start of each semester (Fall, Spring, Summer). The purpose of the eCampus in-person orientation is to:
- Have the student/parent meet the eCampus instructor.
- Receive important information on how to get started on the course (e.g., online course access).
The orientation is one of the few in-person meetings between the student and teacher. Therefore, attendance at the orientation is mandatory for ALL students even if they are repeating the course. Parents are highly encouraged to attend. Attending the in-person orientation is critical to your online success. Your instructor will review their course information (e.g., syllabus) and you will have the opportunity to login and navigate within the course with your instructor present to answer any questions. It has been our experience that students who attend the in-person orientation are better prepared to succeed in their online courses.
The location, date, and orientation schedule are shown below. The in-person orientation schedule link is a PDF file that lists the date, time, and location (e.g., room number) of all eCampus course orientations. It is critical you review the orientation schedule carefully so that you attend at the correct time. Students must attend an orientation for each course they are enrolled in.
Peoria High School | 11200 N. 83rd Ave. | Peoria, AZ 85345
One day only. That date is Wednesday, January 15th.
Some sessions are offered at 6:00 p.m. and others start at 7:00 p.m. Carefully review the orientation schedule below for exact times.
Save the orientation date to your calendar (.ics calendar file).
Spring 2020 In-Person Orientation Schedule
Can't Attend Orientation
Students should make every effort (e.g., make arrangements with coaches and/or job supervisor in advance) to attend the in-person orientation. As previously mentioned, this is one of the few in-person meeting sessions with your instructor. This is your time to get to know your instructor and the course. In the event students cannot attend, the steps below should be completed:
- Email the eCampus instructor. Please visit the staff list page for eCampus teacher emails.
- Log time in the student tracking system.
- Log into the eCampus Moodle course.
The instructor may request the student attend a makeup orientation. The date, time, and location of the makeup orientation will be provided once the student has communicated with the instructor via their Peoria Unified student email account.
Registration and Payment
All in-district students are enrolled in eCampus courses via their home school's guidance counselor. Please see the in-district registration page for more information on how to sign up for eCampus courses. Out-of-district students will need to follow the out-of-district registration process.
If payment is required for the eCampus course, the cost is:
- $150 per half credit course.
- $300 per full credit course.
Payment can be made via:
- District Administration Center | 6330 W. Thunderbird Rd., Glendale, AZ 85306 | 623.486.6000 | Credit card, cash, check or money orders are accepted at this location.
Students will take the AzMERIT test at their home school during their sophomore year. Students will be dropped from their eCampus courses if they fail to take the AzMERIT test at their home school.