Using time management skills to help the student
- Check with the student EE Coordinator for the school deadlines
- Set the own deadlines for completing parts of the essay. Be realistic!
IB students are notorious for procrastinating, but the student can make the life so much easier by learning good time management skills!
Setting Personal Deadlines and Managing Time
Setting realistic deadlines for yourself and effectively managing your time are really an important skill to master. It's essential when the student are undertaking a long-term project, such as the Extended Essay, where the student need to spend time preparing, researching and writing up over a number of weeks - don't leave everything to the last minute!
To manage your time, it helps to:
- be aware of your own time management
- be aware of how long it takes the you to complete each task
- schedule time for unforeseen events
- schedule time for fun activities
- be very specific in your time-planning