How to Apply to the IB Programme
Your student’s admission begins with your interest in our program, so thank you for taking the time to investigate Ironwood’s signature academic program. We are certain you have questions. We have a great deal of information on this site for you to examine, but for those questions left unanswered, please contact Ian Curtis. You may certainly call the IB office, but the surest method of contact is e-mail.
- Please fill out the application and send it to Ian Curtis at Ironwood HS. You can mail it, email it as an attachment, or even deliver it by hand.
- Be sure to include all of the required items noted in the application. This includes teacher recommendations, previous grades, standardized test scores, and your student’s essay (about something in which he or she is interested).
- We are always looking for students who want an advanced, accelerated, highly academic college preparation education. Parents, it is important that it is your student’s desire to enter such a program. The STUDENT must be personally motivated. We do not have an entrance exam for the IB program. We don’t have an exact “cut-off” score for standardized test results; we look at the total impression from all entrance documents and, if needed, a student interview will be conducted.
- We offer your student a chance to spend the day with one of our students to learn more about our program and school. We call this “Shadowing.” There are documents regarding this on our webpage. When given prior notice, we can set this up for any day of the week. A parent needs to be present to sign forms at the time student arrives.
- Once all documents are received, Mr. Curtis will email you regarding admissions. It is very important that you have an email address and that it be typed or printed clearly on the application. The best way for Mr. Curtis to contact parents is via email. With a proper email, you will be added to a distribution list and receive future information.
We offer a markedly successful program that is powered by highly trained teachers. We welcome your student and believe he or she will find that the students in the program form a supportive community that fosters lifetime friendships.
IRONWOOD HIGH SCHOOL
C/O Ian Curtis
6051 West Sweetwater Ave
Glendale, AZ 85304