What is the ACT test?
- The ACT test is taken by students who are typically university bound. The universities use this as one measure for college acceptance. For more information please visit their website by clicking here.
- In the spring of Junior year, Centennial will give every Junior student the opportunity to take the test free of charge. We highly encourage your student to take advantage of this opportunity (even if they don't think they are univerity bound) by studying and using their best test taking strategies.
- If you go to register to re-take the ACT, you will need your ACT ID number. It is located at the top of your results, but if for some reason you’ve misplaced/lost/or an ID is missing follow these steps: 1) call 319-337-1313 between 8-5 weekdays 2) Choose the option to “view scores” 3) When set up with a representative, tell them you need your ACT ID number 4) You’ll now be able to create an account in order to send your scores to the University/College/Program you are applying to.
What is the SAT test?
- Centennial serves as a testing site for the SAT in the west valley. This is of great benefit to our students and district high schools.
- The SAT test is taken by students who are who are considered 4 year college or university bound. The universities use this as one measure for college acceptance as well as how they determined scholarship offerings.
- It is reccomended students take the test in the spring of their junior year and retake it the fall of their senior year if deemed necessary.
*Fee Waivers are available to Junior/Senior students who are on the Free/Reduced Lunch Program - see your School Counselor for a waiver! You are allowed to use up to two waivers.
What is the PSAT test?
- The PSAT is typically taken by sophomores and juniors to help access what students have learned in high school and the skills necessary to be successful in college. Students who take the test as a junior may be eligible for National Merit Scholarships.
- The PSAT for the 2021-22 school year is offered to current Juniors and Sophomores on October 16th (Saturday).
- Students interested should register by making payment to our CeHS Bookstore (until 250 seats are filled) from September 13- October 14. The fee is $18 for students and reserved ONLY for Centennial students in attendance. Fee waivers are available for juniors that meet the criteria.
More information can be found under the Academics, Testing page. Click on PSAT.
Accuplacer Exam (Community College)
Students who enroll at the Community College (or take Dual Enrollment courses) will take the Accuplacer test for placement into English and Math courses. A high score on the Accuplacer can also earn you the Presidential Scholarship! For more information, please visit the website of the Community College you are thinking about, sign up to speak with a representative in the Career Center, or talk to your counselor!
The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test is given by the armed services to those who are interested in joining the military. Your score helps to determine your strengths and qualifications for joining varied military occupations. Although this test is administered by the military, anyone can take it and not be obligated to enlist. This is a great Interest Inventory Survey for those who are undecided on a career path.
The test will be administered at Centennial in September/October of each school year. Seniors and/or Juniors are welcome to sign up.