Breakfast and Lunch:
Peoria Unified will be transitioning back to regular school meal prices and is excited to offer nutritious meals at the same low price as what was in place before the pandemic:
- Elementary - $1.50 breakfast and $2.50 lunch
- High School - $1.75 breakfast and $2.75 lunch
- Second meals are at the full paid price
School menus and additional nutritional information are available on our Food and Nutrition website.
Free and Reduced Meals:
Apply online at peoriaschoollunchapp.com. Applications are processed within 24-48 hours. Visit your child's school if you would prefer to complete a paper application.
The district has a new tool for parents of children who ride the bus. The Edulog Parent Portal app provides parents with time and location information for your child’s bus ride to and from school. Learn more about the bus app and how to set up an account.
Athletics and Marching Band Participation Fees:
As explained in the Peoria Unified Student/Parent Handbook, a per-sport participation fee will be assessed to enable the student to participate in any of the following AIA activities: Athletics, Spiritline, Marching Band, Esports, and/or Speech & Debate. The fee is to be paid prior to competing in district sports and participating in district activities. Requests for fee waiver consideration due to hardship must be directed to your school’s athletic director.
2022-2023 Fee Schedule:
- High School athletics and marching band:
- $100 per sport/marching band - maximum 2 sports/marching band per year
- Family maximum fee is $400
- Elementary athletics:
- $25 per sport - maximum 2 sports per year
- Family maximum fee is $50
Athletic fees may be paid for with a tax credit donation, where you will pay up front to participate, but also earn a dollar-for-dollar return on your state taxes. Simply complete the tax credit donation form at the time that you pay in order to take advantage of this opportunity.
Additionally, the fee to attend a game has increased by one dollar for adult and student tickets. The change in ticket prices are due to an increase in cost of officials, security, and game management. To view the updated fees to attend athletic events, see Peoria Unified’s guest admission into athletic games on the district website.
Peoria Unified remains committed to the safety of our students and staff. You can learn more about the safety measures we have in place at www.peoriaunified.org/safety. We also encourage you to listen to a recent Trending Peoria podcast where we discuss safety at www.peoriaunified.org/trendingpeoria.
School and District Communication:
Peoria Unified just launched a new mass communication system, called ParentSquare. In ParentSquare, you can set your notification settings and your language preferences. ParentSquare also has a free app which you can download, but this is not required to receive school or district updates.
Peoria Unified’s 2022-23 school calendar can be found on the district’s website at www.peoriaunified.org/calendar. We ask that families refer back to the website rather than download and print a copy of the calendar as it is subject to change. Make sure you pay attention to which days are Modified Wednesdays where school releases two hours early for Professional Development.
Families can report a child’s absence from school directly through ParentVUE.
- To begin, log-in to your ParentVUE account and follow the steps below. If you have never used ParentVUE, see the steps at the bottom to create an account.
- Once you are logged in, on the homepage, click “Report an Absence” under the name of the child that will be absent.
- Enter the start date and end date of your child’s absence,
- Under the “Select a Reason” box, choose “Parent Reported.”
- In the “Note” area, enter a note about why your child will not be attending school for the dates you selected they would be absent. Please be specific. If your child is sick, include all their symptoms.
- If you have a note from your child’s doctor or other documentation you would like the school to have, you can click “Add doctor’s note or document” to upload an image to us.
- Click “Save” after you have entered all absence information for your child.
If you have never logged in to ParentVUE, follow these steps first:
- Go to the district’s website at www.peoriaunified.org
- Hover over the Families tab and select ParentVUE
- Select the “Click Here to Enter” button
- Select the “I am a Parent” option
- Enter your Username and Password
- Note: If you’ve never logged in to ParentVUE before, you must stop by your child’s front office to show identification and receive login credentials
- Click “Login”
Arizona is HOT and we want your children to be COOL. While we are fortunate enough to not experience snow days in the Valley of the Sun, we have the unique experience of monitoring outdoor temperatures. If there is an Excessive Heat Warning issued by the National Weather Service, our schools may alter their activities or instruction and/or observe a rainy-day schedule where they will adjust activities to ensure student safety. We encourage students to bring refillable water bottles to school and during Excessive Heat Warnings, activities may be moved indoors or rescheduled. On these days, parents are not typically notified as it may occur frequently in the early fall or late spring.
Before and after school care:
To accommodate childcare needs before school, after school and during the Modified Wednesdays, the district offers a KidZone program for students attending schools in Glendale. The district also has a partnership with the city of Peoria to offer the AM/PM program to students attending Peoria schools. Learn more about both programs here.
Ways to stay connected:
Peoria Unified sends a monthly e-newsletter to all families with updates from our superintendent, as well as important dates and districtwide announcements that are valuable to parents, students and staff.
Trending Peoria is the district’s new podcast where we breakdown education-related topics with the why behind what we do. Each episode will focus on a timely subject matter and include interviews from individuals within the Peoria Unified family. Depending on the subject matter, we will interview teachers, administrators, support staff, students, community members and industry experts. Episodes are shared biweekly on all major podcast platforms and are available on the Trending Peoria website.