Flyer Distribution Guidelines
The Peoria Unified School District welcomes the opportunity to promote family-friendly, community events to our students that meet a minimum set of criteria approved by our Governing Board.
The flyer must include the following disclaimer: "The Peoria Unified School District neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this document. The distribution of this material is provided as a community service." The font size of this required information must be of similar point size of all other copy on flyer.
- No materials that promote alcohol or tobacco products, or have alcohol or tobacco products as a sponsor, will be approved.
- Flyers must not use fighting words, obscenities, defamatory speech or encourage disruption of the educational environment.
- Flyers that contain a logo for a for-profit company will not be approved.
- Flyers that include the name(s) and location(s) of schools not in the Peoria Unified School District will not be approved
- Flyers must be at the school(s) site at least two (2) weeks prior to the event.
- Flyers cannot be larger than the standard 8 1/2” x 11” sheet of paper.
To Receive Approval:
Flyers for distribution to students or counter copies will only be approved for: 1) non-profit organizations with proof of the 501(c)3 status; or 2) city sponsored events.
- Flyers must state either the organization has a non-profit status or is a city-sponsored event. A copy of the organization’s IRS 501(c)3 letter must be submitted along with the flyer.
- All materials must be labeled with the name of the organization, address and telephone number.
- You must provide a clear copy of your flyer along with the signed written assurance to the Public Relations department
- Flyers may take up to seven (7) business days to receive approval.
- Flyers must be counted and bundled in sets of 30 before delivery to the school where the distribution is to occur.
- Present the flyer with the district’s stamped approval to the office staff along with the flyers to be distributed.
- Approval does not guarantee flyer will be distributed to students. The decision is site based.
- Flyers will not be distributed to school sites the first week or the last week of the school year.
If there are any questions regarding the Flyer Distribution Policy, Distribution/Posting of Promotional Materials, K-2300, KHC, please call the Public Relations Department at 623-486-6100.