Flyer Distribution Guidelines
The Peoria Unified School District welcomes the opportunity to promote family-friendly, community events to our students that meet a minimum set of criteria approved by our Governing Board.
The flyer must include the following disclaimer: "The Peoria Unified School District neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this document. The distribution of this material is provided as a community service." The font size of this required information must be of similar point size of all other copy on flyer.
- No materials that promote alcohol or tobacco products, or have alcohol or tobacco products as a sponsor, will be approved.
- Flyers must not use fighting words, obscenities, defamatory speech or encourage disruption of the educational environment.
- Flyers that contain a logo for a for-profit company will not be approved.
- Flyers that include the name(s) and location(s) of schools not in the Peoria Unified School District will not be approved
- Flyers must be at the school(s) site at least two (2) weeks prior to the event.
- Flyers cannot be larger than the standard 8 1/2” x 11” sheet of paper.
To Receive Approval:
Flyers for distribution to students or counter copies will only be approved for: 1) non-profit organizations with proof of the 501(c)3 status; or 2) city sponsored events.
- Flyers must state either the organization has a non-profit status or is a city-sponsored event. A copy of the organization’s IRS 501(c)3 letter must be submitted along with the flyer.
- All materials must be labeled with the name of the organization, address and telephone number.
- You must provide a clear copy of your flyer along with the signed written assurance to the Public Relations department
- Flyers may take up to seven (7) business days to receive approval.
- Flyers must be counted and bundled in sets of 30 before delivery to the school where the distribution is to occur.
- Present the flyer with the district’s stamped approval to the office staff at along with the flyers to be distributed.
- Approval does not guarantee flyer will be distributed to students. The decision is site based.
- Flyers will not be distributed to school sites the first week of the school and the last week of the school.
If there are any questions regarding the Flyer Distribution Policy, Distribution/Posting of Promotional Materials, K-2300, KHC, please call the Public Relations Department at 623-486-6100.