Please contact 623-773-6675 to check availability prior to completing your child’s registration. Some sites or sections are full and have a waiting list.
- This is a fee-based program. Families may qualify for assistance through DES Childcare Assistance (all sites are contracted) or Quality First (the Scholarship Application is available under Quick Links).
- If your child has special education needs or if you have concerns about your child’s development including vision, hearing, communication, motor, socialization, or special health problems, call 623-773-6685 and request a preschool Child Find screening.
- There is no supply list for preschool. All supplies will be provided by the program. A backpack is helpful to carry belongings and teachers will request a change of clothing be available in the classroom at all times.
- 2023/2024 School Year: Registration will open in the spring (dates to be determined). To receive Registration Information Flyers, please email the following information to email@example.com - your name, phone number, email address, and the name of the school you want to register for. Registration flyers will be emailed prior to March 6, 2023. Early registration is for Peoria Unified School District (PUSD) residents and PUSD employees only. Open enrollment requests for out-of-district families will be considered in August 2023.
ECCEL Preschool Registration Process
- Read the Information Flyers under "Quick Links" prior to starting your online registration
- Click "Register Here" under Quick Links to complete a registration contract through Eleyo
- The online registration process takes up to 45 minutes. Your progress is not saved until you hit submit
- Registration fees are non-refundable and will be charged when your application is accepted, based on availability
- If your child is registering for preschool for the first time, complete and submit* the "Required Forms Packet"
- Submit* birth certificate, immunization record and proof of residency
- Scholarship application is available under Quick Links (for families who wish to apply based on qualification requirements)
*Submit forms and documents - email: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: 623-773-6680; in-person: Preschool Office at Sky View Elementary School 8624 W. Sweetwater Avenue, Peoria, AZ 85381 Room C2.
2022-23 Preschool Locations & Times
Preschool Payment Information
Credit card payment online - can be made at any time through your Eleyo account here.
Cash and check payments will only be accepted at one of the following three Peoria Unified locations:
- Preschool Office at Sky View Elementary School: 8624 W. Sweetwater Ave., Peoria, AZ 85381. 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- KidZone Office at Desert Valley Elementary School: 12901 N. 63rd Ave, Glendale, AZ 85304. 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. or by
- District Administration Center: 6330 W. Thunderbird Rd., Glendale, AZ 85306. 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Preschool Office at 623-773-6675.
Quality First is a signature program of First Things First that partners with childcare and preschool providers to improve the quality of early learning across Arizona. Quality First supports providers in making quality improvements that research proves help children thrive. These include education for teachers to expand their skills in working with young children and coaching to help providers create learning environments that nurture the emotional, social and academic development of every child. You can learn more at QualityFirstAZ.com.
Why does quality matter in early learning?
· 90% of a child’s brain develops before age 5. The positive, nurturing relationships young kids have with adults – from parents to child care and early learning professionals – shape their learning now and throughout their lives.
· Quality early learning settings like childcare and preschool help children develop skills – like motivation, self-control, focus, and self-esteem – that are crucial to their success now and once they enter school.
What does quality early learning look like?
Quality childcare and preschool settings build on basic health and safety to include:
- Teachers and caregivers who know how to work with infants, toddlers and preschoolers
- Positive, nurturing relationships that give young kids the individual attention they need
- Learning environments that encourage creativity and imaginative play
- Hands-on activities that stimulate and encourage positive brain connections in children; and,
- Caregivers who provide regular feedback to parents on the development of their child. All of these elements combined make a childcare environment that prepares children for kindergarten.
2022-2023 Registration Links
Medical Forms - only if required
Early Childhood Specialist
623-773-6675 | Email
Early Childhood Registrar
623-773-6678 | Email
Early Childhood Secretary
623-773-6683 | Email
Dr. Debbie Pischke
Early Childhood Director
623-773-6676 | Email
Preschool Assessment Team Clerk
623-773-6685 | Email
Preschool Special Education Lead
623-773-6686 | Email
AzEIP Transition Clerk
623-773-6684 | Email
Family Resource Centers:
Family Resource Center Coordinator
623-773-6679 | Email