COVID and Other Illness Mitigation
The health and well-being of students and staff is the district’s number one priority. The following procedures are in place to ensure that school campuses and district sites remain healthy environments for in-person teaching, learning and working environments.
- Staff will encourage frequent hand washing
- Hand sanitizer will be provided
- Individual air filtration devices in every room
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- Disinfecting, as needed, using Clorox360 machines
- School nurses at each school site for support and to track all communicable diseases
- Elementary parents will receive communication from the school when there is a confirmed outbreak of any communicable disease.
If there is an outbreak of any communicable disease, the school will work with the district’s lead nurse to provide targeted response and support. Masks are not required in Peoria Unified schools and district sites and remain optional. Students who are absent from school for any illness should contact their teacher for make-up work while they are not in school.
Peoria Unified may make changes to its health and safety practices at any time in response to increased illness or other health risks that may impact the safety of students and staff.
Download the Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan (ARP Act) Updated April 4, 2023